ASGE Launches Safety Guidelines for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Units
released guidelines for safety in gastrointestinal endoscopy units.
The guidelines are designed to serve as an endoscopy-specific tool to implement and evaluate safety priorities in endoscopy units.
The guidelines were developed by the ASGE Ensuring Safety in the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit Task Force and reviewed by the ASGE Governing Board.
The guidelines have been endorsed by the following societies:
• American College of Gastroenterology
• Ambulatory Surgery Center Association
• American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
• American Gastroenterological Association Institute
• American Society Colon and Rectal Surgeons
• Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
The full guidelines are published in GIE: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Home Fecal Immunological Test Detects 79% of Colorectal Cancers
Forecasting the Demand for Colonoscopy: 4 GI Physicians Weigh In
Physician Health: How Do Gastroenterologists Compare to Other Specialties?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Dr. Brennan Spiegel to Lead New Cedars-Sinai Research, Education CenterRead Now
- ASA Affiliates Receive American Society of Association Executives' Power of A Award
- New Physician Buy-In: 4 Trends for Joint Venture ASCs
- Surgery Center of Kenai Opens, Seeks Transfer Agreement
- University of Rochester Medicine to Open ASC in August
- Dr. Brennan Spiegel to Lead New Cedars-Sinai Research, Education Center