Are Gastroenterologists Embracing Price Transparency?
Overall, 32 percent of physicians regularly discuss cost of treatment with patients, while 40 percent discuss price on the occasion a patient brings up the subject, according to the Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2014.
Here are four statistics on price transparency in the gastroenterology field, according to the Medscape Gastroenterologist Compensation Report 2014.
• Regularly discuss price with patients: 33 percent
• Occasionally discuss price, if patients ask: 47 percent
• Never, physician does not know cost of treatments: 11 percent
• Never, physician does not feel the conversation is appropriate: 4 percent
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Carnegie Hill Endoscopy Named First Fuse Endoscopy System Center for Excellence: 5 Things to Know
Endoscopic Video Systems in the GI Field: 6 Statistics on Price
Digestive Endoscopy Center Wins Integrity Award
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts