AMGA: Gastroenterologist compensation rises 9%
released 2014 Medical Group Compensation and Financial Survey.
Here are five statistics to know from the report.
• Across all specialties, physician compensation increased 2.9 percent in 2013
• Physician compensation increased 1.6 percent from 2011 to 2012
• Primary care physician compensation increased 3.8 percent in 2013
• Surgical specialist compensation rose 3 percent
• Gastroenterology has the largest compensation increase, followed by cardiac/thoracic surgery with an 8.2 percent increase
More articles on gastroenterology:
12 endoscopy centers making the news
IMA Endoscopy SurgiCenter recognized for contributions to GERD care
New non-endoscopic device found to detect EoE
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
EndoChoice considers $100M+ IPORead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting