AMGA: Gastroenterologist compensation rises 9%
Here are five statistics to know from the report.
• Across all specialties, physician compensation increased 2.9 percent in 2013
• Physician compensation increased 1.6 percent from 2011 to 2012
• Primary care physician compensation increased 3.8 percent in 2013
• Surgical specialist compensation rose 3 percent
• Gastroenterology has the largest compensation increase, followed by cardiac/thoracic surgery with an 8.2 percent increase
More articles on gastroenterology:
12 endoscopy centers making the news
IMA Endoscopy SurgiCenter recognized for contributions to GERD care
New non-endoscopic device found to detect EoE
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Connecticut hospital acquires Fuse Endoscopy System, Vermont hospital acquires Olympus video endoscopy system & more – 5 GI/endoscopy company key notesRead Now
- Fracture fragility programs help hospitals meet the triple aim for challenging patients
- Tatas working on digital health and wellness platforms — 6 notes
- University of Southampton to conduct study on nurse staffing: 5 things to know
- 11 things to know about ASC quality reporting
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Phillip Toskes of University of Florida