AMGA: Gastroenterologist compensation rises 9%
Here are five statistics to know from the report.
• Across all specialties, physician compensation increased 2.9 percent in 2013
• Physician compensation increased 1.6 percent from 2011 to 2012
• Primary care physician compensation increased 3.8 percent in 2013
• Surgical specialist compensation rose 3 percent
• Gastroenterology has the largest compensation increase, followed by cardiac/thoracic surgery with an 8.2 percent increase
More articles on gastroenterology:
12 endoscopy centers making the news
IMA Endoscopy SurgiCenter recognized for contributions to GERD care
New non-endoscopic device found to detect EoE
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 3 thoughts on why orthopedic surgeon head of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph is a terrific leader
- Is $43 worth the wait?
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. David Forcione of Massachusetts General Hospital
- Dr. H. Whitney Jennings joins Harbin Clinic: 4 quick facts
- ASA names DeLaine Schmitz Anesthesia Quality Institute executive: 4 things to know