AMGA: Gastroenterologist compensation rises 9%
Here are five statistics to know from the report.
• Across all specialties, physician compensation increased 2.9 percent in 2013
• Physician compensation increased 1.6 percent from 2011 to 2012
• Primary care physician compensation increased 3.8 percent in 2013
• Surgical specialist compensation rose 3 percent
• Gastroenterology has the largest compensation increase, followed by cardiac/thoracic surgery with an 8.2 percent increase
More articles on gastroenterology:
12 endoscopy centers making the news
IMA Endoscopy SurgiCenter recognized for contributions to GERD care
New non-endoscopic device found to detect EoE
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- GE Healthcare donates $2M to Rio Paralympic Games: 4 thoughts
- AAAHC releases toolkits to help physicians improve patient safety: 5 thoughts
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday — Aug. 25, 2016
- The need for effective infection & outcome metrics to propel the ASC industry forward
- Cigna, Cigna Foundation work to enhance care for critically ill patients: 5 things to know