AMGA: Gastroenterologist compensation rises 9%
released 2014 Medical Group Compensation and Financial Survey.
Here are five statistics to know from the report.
• Across all specialties, physician compensation increased 2.9 percent in 2013
• Physician compensation increased 1.6 percent from 2011 to 2012
• Primary care physician compensation increased 3.8 percent in 2013
• Surgical specialist compensation rose 3 percent
• Gastroenterology has the largest compensation increase, followed by cardiac/thoracic surgery with an 8.2 percent increase
More articles on gastroenterology:
12 endoscopy centers making the news
IMA Endoscopy SurgiCenter recognized for contributions to GERD care
New non-endoscopic device found to detect EoE
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Dr. Richard Smith of Asheville Gastroenterology Associates to retire: 5 key notesRead Now
- TriState Centers for Sight acquires MidWest EyeCenter — 6 things to know
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals reports Q1 activity — 4 key updates
- 8 key notes on accreditation survey processes
- How to evaluate business performance and excellence in ASCs: Your ASC business operations checkup
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Blair Lewis of Carnegie Hill Endoscopy