ACG Partners With National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable to Work Towards '80 by 2018' Goal
American College of Gastroenterology is joining with the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable to focus on increasing the national colorectal cancer screening rate to 80 percent by 2018.
The "80 by 2018" initiative was launched at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. Dozens of organizations gathered to hear data on the increase in screenings and decline in colorectal cancer related mortality and to launch the new effort.
The American Cancer Society and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention co-founded the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
6 Gastroenterologists on Improving Efficiency in the Field
Fight Colorectal Cancer to Promote Awareness on Capitol Hill
Advanced GI Opens New Office in California
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Endoscopy device market to reach $36.9B in 2019Read Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why