AGA Launches Observational Research Device Registries
announced the launch of its device registry initiative, which aims to bring new medical devices to gastroenterologists and their patients.
The AGA will establish registries to help companies gather the data required by regulatory agencies, payers and purchasers for approval and reimbursement. The registries will work to gather this data for new technologies, procedures, devices and pharmaceuticals.
The registries are designed to make potentially life-changing technology more readily available to physicians and patients.
The first registry will be announced this month.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Advanced GI Opens New Office in California
ASGE Opens $20M Endoscopy Training Center in Illinois
6 Gastroenterologists on Improving Efficiency in the Field
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Putting the 10-Year Follow-Up Colonoscopy Guideline to the Test: 5 Things to KnowRead Now
- 13 Orthopedics-Driven ASCs That Are 10,000+ Square Feet
- Young Gastroenterologists: The Essential Skills to Thrive in Healthcare Today
- ASA Affiliates Receive American Society of Association Executives' Power of A Award
- New Physician Buy-In: 4 Trends for Joint Venture ASCs
- Surgery Center of Kenai Opens, Seeks Transfer Agreement