AGA: Bundled Payment Option for Colonoscopy
American Gastroenterological Association offers suggestions for creating a bundled payment option for colonoscopy.
Colonoscopy bundle, including screening, diagnostic and surveillance, would cover:
• Pre-procedure period: includes physician/staff consultation and bowel preparation instruction
• Procedure: includes fees for colonoscopy, anesthesia, facility and pathology
• Post-procedure: communication with patient and repeat procedures if post-colonoscopy bleeding occurs or bowel prep leads to incomplete procedure
Read the full report: Bundled Payments in Gastroenterology: Time for a Colonoscopy Bundle?
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Remain at the Forefront of Healthcare: Gastroenterologists & ACO Participation
Forecasting the Demand for Colonoscopy: 4 GI Physicians Weigh In
Evidence-Based Medicine in Gastroenterology: 9 Quality Indicators for ERCP
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Collect From Patients: Best Practice for Sending Statements
- Bank of America Donates to Fight Childhood Obestity
- 10 Qualities of Successful Leaders
- Ultrasound-Guided Paravertebral Blocks May Improve Quality of Recovery After Breast Surgery, Study Finds
- ASA: CMS Calls for Volunteers for End-to-End ICD-10 Claims Testing