AGA Adds CRC Screening, Prevention to Digestive Health Recognition Program: 4 Things to Know
added a colorectal cancer screening and prevention module to the AGA Digestive Health Recognition Program. Here are four things to know about the program.
1. The Digestive Health Recognition Program is a CMS-approved qualified clinical data registry. Physicians can The AGA CRC Screening and Surveillance Registry in collaboration with CECity has been added to the DHRP. Physicians can receive a 2014 Physician Quality Reporting System incentive by reporting on a minimum of nine measures.
2. The DHRP includes hepatitis C and inflammatory bowel disease modules in addition to the CRC module. Reporting options include:
• CRC module: report on nine measures for 50 percent of eligible patients
• HCV module: report on four measures for 20 eligible patients
• IBD module: report on eight measures for 20 eligible patients
3. The AGA also suggests using the data gathered through the DHRP as leverage with payers. If physicians gather and submit data demonstrating excellence through the Health Care Incentives Improvement Institute's Bridges to Excellence program they may earn recognition. Payers receive a list of recognized physicians, which may be helpful in negotiating favorable reimbursement rates.
4. The American Board of Internal Medicine recently updated its maintenance of certification program. At least 20 points of the 100 MOC points required every five years must be in self-evaluation of practice performance. Physicians can earn these 20 points through a DHRP self-directed practice improvement module.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
4 Recent GI-Driven ASC Openings & Expansions
The Good, the Bad & the Ugly: The Economics of GI
American Board of Surgery to Require Standardized Endoscopy Training
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
GI physician leader to know: Dr. Bruce Sands of Mount Sinai HospitalRead Now
- Women's Surgical Center sues Georgia health department over CON law: 5 key points
- Dr. Michael Pezzone returns to River Valley Physicians
- EndoChoice refinances debt
- Digestive Health Center of Los Angeles partners with Health Connexions
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Harry Sarles Jr. of Digestive Health Associates of Texas