ACP, AGA Launch Coordination Care Kit to Facilitate Gastroenterologist, Primary Care Physician Communication
launch the High Value Care Coordination Toolkit, which is designed to improve communication between primary care physicians and subspecialist physicians.
The AGA worked with the ACP to identify data sets focused on conditions for which primary care physicians frequently refer patients to gastroenterologists and hepatologists.
The toolkit includes:
• A checklist for generic referral to a subspecialist practice
• A checklist for a subspecialist response to a referral request
• Relevant data sets including specific information on common conditions to ensure effective and valuable engagement
• Model care coordination agreement templates
• Recommendations for physicians seeking patient and family-centered referral patterns
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Fine-Tune Patient Communication in Gastroenterology: The Role of EHR, Value of Face-to-Face Interaction &More
AGA Research Foundation Names 2014 Research Scholars
Logan Regional Medical Center Opens New Endoscopy Unit
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review