Gastroenterologists reported a 1.6 percent increase income from 2013 to this year, according to the Medscape Gastroenterologist Compensation Report 2014. How satisfied are gastroenterologists with their income?
Compensation and satisfaction by gender
• Male gastroenterologists earn an average salary of $350,000
• 46 percent of male gastroenterologists are satisfied with their compensation
• Female gastroenterologists earn an average salary of $331,000
• 55 percent of female gastroenterologists are satisfied with their compensation
Satisfaction within the specialty
• Overall, 52 percent of gastroenterologists are satisfied
• 47 percent of gastroenterologists are satisfied with their compensation
• 51 percent of gastroenterologists would choose to practice medicine again
• 59 percent of gastroenterologists would choose the same specialty
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
24 Statistics on Change in Medicare Reimbursement for GI Procedures
9 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
DDW to Host International Panel on Radiofrequency for GERD
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.