8 Things to Know About Gastroenterologist Employment
partnered to create the 2014 Gastroenterology Employment Fact Sheet. Here are eight things to know about demand for GI specialties and gastroenterologist salary.
• In 2013, general gastroenterology, followed by pediatric and hepatology were the most in-demand specialties.
• Job postings for general gastroenterology rose 2 percent from 2012 to 2013.
• Though not typically a high in-demand specialty, job posting for gastroenterology surgery rose 50 percent from 2012 to 2013.
• Practice management/consulting firms, hospital/health systems and healthcare search firms exhibited the greatest increase in gastroenterologist job postings.
• Between 2012 and 2013, job postings in South Carolina rose 78 percent, 73 percent in Ohio, 57 percent in Indiana, 27 percent in California and 25 percent in Illinois.
• Gastroenterology ranks fourth among highest paid physicians specialties, with an average salary of $441,421.
• The Northwest region has the highest compensated gastroenterologists, with an average salary of $498,000.
• The Mid-Atlantic region has the lowest gastroenterologist compensation, with an average salary of $311,000.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
4 GI Practices Making Headlines
GI Associates & Endoscopy Center to Consolidate Mississippi Locations
3 Things to Know About the Value of Colonoscopy Initiative
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Global endoscopy systems market to reach $6.1B by 2020Read Now
- Joint Commission, National Quality Forum give 3 patient safety, quality awards
- Foundation HealthCare CEO to present at the ROTH Capital Partners 27th Annual Growth Stock Conference
- FDA clears 4 GI/endoscopy devices in February
- UCLA patient sues Olympus, Boston Scientific product earns FDA clearance & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hashem El-Serag of Baylor College of Medicine