7 Endoscopic Ultrasonography Quality Indicators
American Journal of Gastroenterology.
• Proper indication
• Proper consent
• Prophylactic antibiotics
• Visualization of structures
o Visualization of the entire pancreas in EUS for evaluation of suspected pancreatic disease
o Visualization of the celiac axis in EUS for non-obstructing esophageal cancer
• Description of abnormalities
o Stage gastrointestinal cancers with TNM staging system
o Document pancreatic mass measurements
o Document wall layers involved by subepithelial masses
• Perform FNA when celiac axis lymph nodes are seen during EUS staging of a thoracic esophageal cancer
• Monitor incidence of pancreatitis after EUS-FNA of the pancreas
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Gastroenterology Practices & Endoscopy Centers: Best Opportunities for Expansion
4 Statistics on GERD in the U.S.
12 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Sleep Deprivation & its Effect on Colonoscopy QualityRead Now
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis