6 Things to Know About Infliximab as Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
The study included 134 ulcerative colitis patients. Of the subjects studied, 28 percent had acute severe ulcerative colitis, 38 percent had steroid-dependency and 33 percent had steroid-refractoriness.
● Rate of clinical response at week eight: 87 percent
● Rate of clinical remission at week eight: 45 percent
● Long-term clinical response: 71 percent
● Long-term clinical remission: 52 percent
● Adverse events affected 15 percent of patients
● Mucosal healing was the sole factor influencing long-term response.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
9 Things Gastroenterologists Need to Know About the Gut Microbiome
5 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Plans
Does Patient Satisfaction Affect Colorectal Caner Treatment Outcomes?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review