6 recent GI field partnerships
The American Gastroenterological Association Research Foundation and Gastric Cancer Foundation collaborated to award the first AGA – Gastric Cancer Foundation Research Scholar Award in Gastric and Esophageal Cancer to Mohamed El-Zaatari, PhD.
Birmingham (Ala.) Gastroenterology Associates has expanded and opened new locations at Baptist Health System locations. The collaboration was designed to provide the community greater access to GI care.
Gastrointestinal Associates, based in Knoxville, Tenn., partnered with the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide East Tennessee veterans with GI services.
Five gastroenterology and hepatology societies collaborated to create a toolbox designed to help gastroenterology training directors meet the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Internal Medicine Subspecialty Reporting Milestones requirements. The committee responsible for the toolkit, includes members from the following societies:
• American Gastroenterological Association
• American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
• American College of Gastroenterology
• American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society
• American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Memphis Gastroenterology Group and Gastro One, both based in Germantown, Tenn., merged in July.
A group of 16 small, independent group practices, including Southern California Gastroenterology, banded together to create the California Integrated Physician Practice Association.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
8 Endoscopy Center Administrators to Know
11 Gastroenterologists Making the News
6 GI/Endoscopy Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in June
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Dr. Dolly Skeete joins Carolina Orthopedic & Sports Medicine: 5 key notes
- Big growth opportunities in the ASC space: Key thoughts from Nobilis Health Chairman Harry Fleming
- The changing principles of wound care
- Premiums go up, subsidized plan costs go down — 7 facts
- 5 key takeaways about the world's 1st Hepatitis D virus test