5 Top 2013 Advances in Gastrointestinal Cancer
Top Clinical Cancer Advances: ASCO 2013 Report.
1. S-1 chemotherapy improves survival rate in pancreatic cancer patients.
2. Nab-paclitaxel earned approval for use in pancreatic cancer treatment.
3. Colorectal cancer with NRAS mutations is unlikely to benefit from panitumumab.
4. Capecitabine and bevacizumab are standar maintenance therapy in colorectal cancer.
5. Octreotide LA prolongs survival in midgut neuroendocrine tumors.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
6 Things to Know About Infliximab as Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
5 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Plans
The Promise of Stem Cell Treatment for Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis: Q&A With Dr. William Katkov
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
27 gastroenterologists receive ASGE awardsRead Now
- Anesthesia technology degree program comes to Illinois
- Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to know
- The emotional impact of a medical error
- 12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public Health
- The biggest issues facing orthopedic surgeons today