5 Top 2013 Advances in Gastrointestinal Cancer
1. S-1 chemotherapy improves survival rate in pancreatic cancer patients.
2. Nab-paclitaxel earned approval for use in pancreatic cancer treatment.
3. Colorectal cancer with NRAS mutations is unlikely to benefit from panitumumab.
4. Capecitabine and bevacizumab are standar maintenance therapy in colorectal cancer.
5. Octreotide LA prolongs survival in midgut neuroendocrine tumors.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
6 Things to Know About Infliximab as Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
5 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Plans
The Promise of Stem Cell Treatment for Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis: Q&A With Dr. William Katkov
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Cleveland Clinic anesthesiologist Dr. Marc Feldman found dead in motel: 5 things to know
- AGA, other societies express concerns about alternate payment model adoption to CMS: 4 notes
- 4 insights on increasing anesthesia use in outpatient GI procedures
- 10 statistics on annual & hourly pay for ophthalmologists
- CMS data: In 2015, healthcare industry made $7B+ in payments, investment interests to physicians