5 Things to Know About Polypectomy Rate & ADR Correlation
Clinical Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, researchers compared adenoma detection rate and polypectomy rate in different segments of the colon and between sexes. Here are five things to know about the study.
1. The researchers reviewed the results of 2,167 screening colonoscopies performed by 65 endoscopists on outpatients at the Cleveland Clinic between 2008 and 2009.
2. The mean polypectomy rate was 42 percent ± 16.7 percent. The mean ADR was 25 percent ± 3.3 percent.
3. The researchers found the correlation between polypectomy rate and ADR to be strong. Polypectomy rate of 40 percent in men correlated with the established minimum ADR benchmark of 25 percent. Polypectomy rate of 30 percent in women correlated with the established minimum ADR benchmark of 15 percent.
4. Polypectomy rate was more strongly correlated with ADR in the proximal colon than in the distal colon. The correlation was also stronger in men than in women.
5. The researchers concluded that is polypectomy rate is to be used as a surrogate for ADR, colon segment and patient sex must be taken into consideration.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Put GI Data to Work: How to Leverage Data to Improve Reimbursement Rates
4 Things to Know About Gastroenterologist Burnout
3 Things to Know About Demand for Gastroenterologists
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
GI physician to know: Dr. Rudolph Bedford of Southern California Gastroenterology GroupRead Now
- Options Women's Clinic gets AAAHC accreditation
- $5B in medical office buildings sold in 2014 — And investors are ready for more
- AmSurg's Ben Flatt completes Young Leaders Council training
- Exceptional ASC nurse leaders: Key advice for finding & keeping them
- pCLE effective at diagnosing biliary cancer patients during ERCP, study says