5 Things to Know About AGA Institute President Dr. John Allen
1. Dr. Allen is the clinical chief of digestive disease and a professor of medicine at Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, Conn.
2. Prior to his position with Yale, Dr. Allen helped grow Minnesota Gastroenterology into one of the largest single-specialty GI practices in the Twin Cities. He also helped develop the practice's quality improvement program.
3. He has led the development of the AGA's "Roadmap to the Future of GI" series. The series is designed to provide gastroenterologists with tools to thrive in the changing healthcare environment.
4. Dr. Allen has held a number of leadership roles with the AGA including chair of the AGA Institute Clinical Practice Committee and community practice councilor to the AGA governing board.
5. Dr. Allen intends to support the AGA's three main missions: research, clinical practice and education during his presidency term. "He recognizes that the specialty of GI faces enormous challenges and is unwavering in his commitment to support AGA members in the new era of healthcare delivery," said Robert A. Ganz of Minnesota Gastroenterology, according to the report.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
AGA Names 2014 Recognition Award Winners
Olympus Launches New System for Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
5 Highlights to Look for at Digestive Disease Week
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
170 GI physicians making headlines in 2015 so farRead Now
- June 2015 Issue of Becker's ASC Review
- Mercy Health and Kyruus partner to better match patients with providers: 5 things to know
- Arizona's Banner Health Network uses eClinicalWorks for electronic health records: 4 key notes
- 10 things for ASC leaders to know about CON programs
- 5 key trends for successful ASCs to know from AAAHC CEO Stephen Martin Jr.