5 Quick Guidelines to Improve Turnover Time Between Colonoscopies
Eric Dow, administrator of Lone Star Endoscopy in Keller, Texas, a freestanding endoscopic ASC managed by Physicians Endoscopy, suggests following these five guidelines to improve turnover time between colonoscopies.
1. Have a dedicated scope tech
2. Evaluate cleaning process
3. Evaluate the internal process of the operating and procedure rooms to look for ways to cut time (i.e., intra-procedure processes of staff)
4. Set expectations
5. Hold staff accountable
Thank you to Physicians Endoscopy for arranging this interview.
Read other recent columns providing best practices for GI in ASCs:
- Gastroenterologist James Weber Shares His Thoughts on Challenges Currently Facing GIs
- 3 Ways to Help Keep Gastroenterology in ASCs Profitable and Efficient
- Average PACU Recovery Times for Top Procedures for ASCs With 1-2 ORs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition