4 Statistics on GERD in the U.S.
Digestive Disease Statistics for the United States report. Here are four statistics on the care and mortality associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease in the United States.
• Ambulatory care visits: 2.3 million (2004)
• Hospitalizations: 487,000 (2010)
• Prescriptions: 938,000 (2004)
• Mortality: 11,033 deaths (2011)
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Adenoma Detection Rate: Lowering Colorectal Cancer Risk
12 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
5 Statistics on NIH Spending on Digestive Diseases & Cancers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Putting the 10-Year Follow-Up Colonoscopy Guideline to the Test: 5 Things to KnowRead Now
- 13 Orthopedics-Driven ASCs That Are 10,000+ Square Feet
- Young Gastroenterologists: The Essential Skills to Thrive in Healthcare Today
- ASA Affiliates Receive American Society of Association Executives' Power of A Award
- New Physician Buy-In: 4 Trends for Joint Venture ASCs
- Surgery Center of Kenai Opens, Seeks Transfer Agreement