4 Statistics on GERD in the U.S.
Digestive Disease Statistics for the United States report. Here are four statistics on the care and mortality associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease in the United States.
• Ambulatory care visits: 2.3 million (2004)
• Hospitalizations: 487,000 (2010)
• Prescriptions: 938,000 (2004)
• Mortality: 11,033 deaths (2011)
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Adenoma Detection Rate: Lowering Colorectal Cancer Risk
12 Gastroenterologist Moves & Honors
5 Statistics on NIH Spending on Digestive Diseases & Cancers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
What is the optimal bowel preparation for colonoscopy?Read Now
- 4 Foundational Components to Determine ASC Start-up Success
- Inc. magazine names PriorityOne Group among fastest-growing private companies
- A world without colonoscopy? 9 gastroenterologists weigh in on the future of GI's top procedure
- Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center adds Dr. Mark Suojanen
- Gel stops bleeding in 10 seconds in trials