4 Statistics on Colorectal Cancer Screening by State
Here are four statistics on the percentage of adults age 50 to 75 who had a fecal occult blood test within the previous year, sigmoidoscopy within the previous five years and FOBT within the previous three years or a colonoscopy with the previous 10 years, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Colorectal Cancer Screening Rates (2010) report.
Percentage of adults up-to-date on screening
54.1 to 59.2: Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Test, West Virginia and Wyoming
59.3 to 63.5: Alabama, California, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio and Tennessee
63.6 to 68.9: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin
69 to 75.2: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
5 Gastroenterologists & Colorectal Surgeons on Improving the National Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate
Are Gastroenterologists Embracing Price Transparency?
Dr. Brian Bosworth Named President of New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: 5 Things to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AANA stands in support of Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 3 notes
- White House promotes initiatives for Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 5 notes
- 1st ASC earns The Joint Commission's advanced certification: 3 notes on Ohio Specialty Surgical Suites
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation awards $3M in IBD research grants: 5 notes
- US Sen. Susan Collins honored for CRC screening initiatives: 3 notes