4 Best Practices to Improve GI ASC Operational Efficiency: Mirage Endoscopy Center
1. We have streamlined the admission process by having the patients arrive with their medication reconciliation form filled out. We provide the forms to the physician as part of the pre-procedure packets.
2. We have our monitors mounted to our gurneys so that once the patient is hooked up to the monitor we don't have reconnect at each station. (i.e., procedure room, recovery room).
3. We are implementing a web-based program for patients to be able to answer information needed upon admission from their homes. It's allowing us to speed up the admission process.
4. We schedule our procedures 20 minutes apart, so that as a procedure is done another patient is ready for the physician.
Thank you to Health Inventures for arranging this interview.
Read more guidance to improve ASC GI efficiency:
- 8 Ways GI Centers Can Prosper in the Next Five Years
- ASC Operations Best Practices to Improve Colonoscopy Turnover Efficiency
- 3 Ways to Help Keep Gastroenterology in ASCs Profitable and Efficient
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
Fujifilm's ground breaking technologyRead Now
- Fujifilm's ground breaking technology
- 3 ASCs that aced accreditation surveys
- U.S. Anesthesia Partners adds Anesthesia Consultants of Dallas
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Ashwin Ananthakrishnan of Massachusetts General Hospital
- Postop NSAIDs increases anastomotic complication risk among colorectal resection patients, study finds