3 Things to Know About Demand for Gastroenterologists
healthecareers Network report.
• In 2013, the most in-demand GI specialty was general, followed by pediatrics and hepatology.
• Between 2012 and 2013, gastroenterology-specific employer types exhibited an increase in interest: practice management and consulting firms up 80 percent, healthcare search firms up 40 percent and hospitals/health systems up 4 percent.
• Between 2012 and 2013, Ohio had the greatest increase, 73 percent, in gastroenterologist job postings.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
16 Gastroenterologists Making Headlines
Memphis Gastroenterology Group, Gastro One to Merge
The Good, the Bad & the Ugly: The Economics of GI
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
EndoChoice considers $100M+ IPORead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting