28% of Gastroenterologists Discuss Cost of Treatment With Patients
Gastroenterologist Compensation Report: 2013.
Here are three statistics on gastroenterologist approach to the discussion of price with patients.
• 50 percent occasionally enter this discussion, if a patient asks
• 9 percent never discuss this because they don't know the cost of treatments
• 5 percent do not discuss cost because they feel it is inappropriate
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
ASGE Launches Safety Guidelines for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Units
Remain at the Forefront of Healthcare: Gastroenterologists & ACO Participation
Forecasting the Demand for Colonoscopy: 4 GI Physicians Weigh In
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
9 Statistics on Gastroenterologist Compensation by LocationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers