18 Statistics on Colonoscopy Patients & Facilities
Here are 15 demographic statistics on the patients undergoing colonoscopy and three statistics on the type of facility where the procedure was performed from 2001 to 2005, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases' Burden of Digestive Diseases in the United States report.
• 20 to 29: 1.7 percent
• 30 to 39: 4 percent
• 40 to 49: 11.7 percent
• 50 to 59: 32.9 percent
• 60 to 69: 25.6 percent
• 70 to 79: 18.4 percent
• 80+: 5.9 percent
• Non-Hispanic White: 85.9 percent
• Non-Hispanic Black: 6.4 percent
• Hispanic: 5.3 percent
• Asian/Pacific Islander: 1.5 percent
• American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.8 percent
• Multiracial Non-Hispanic: 0.2 percent
• Female: 49.6 percent
• Male: 50.4 percent
Where was colonoscopy performed?
• Ambulatory surgery center: 57.4 percent
• Hospital: 40.9 percent
• Office: 1.7 percent
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
8 Statistics on GI/Endoscopy Revenue by Number of ORs
11 Demographic Statistics on Colorectal Cancer
AGA, ACG, ASGE: Safe Surgery Checklist for GI ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
The Growing Role of Biologics in GastroenterologyRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers