16 Gastroenterologists Making Headlines
Donald M. Jensen, MD, has been named president of the American Liver Foundation, Great Lakes division.
Synthetic Biologics, a biologics and drug developer, has formed a clinical advisory board to support the development of SYN-004, an anti-infective product for the prevention of Clostridium difficile infections. Ciarán Kelly, MD, a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, has joined the new clinical advisory board.
Colleen M. Schmitt, MD, FASGE, of the Galen Medical Group in Chattanooga, Tenn., has been named the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2014 to 2015 president.
The ASGE governing board also includes:
• Secretary: Kenneth R. McQuaid, MD, FASGE, of the VA Medical Center in San Francisco
• Secretary-elect: John J. Vargo II, MD, MPH, FASGE, of Cleveland Clinic
• Treasurer Steven A. Edmundowicz, MD, FASGE, of the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
• Past President: Kenneth K. Wang, MD, FASGE, of Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
• Past President: Thomas M. Deas, MD, MMM, FASGE, of Gastroenterology Associates of North Texas in Fort Worth
ASGE councilors for 2014 to 2015 include:
• Ian M. Gralnek, MD, MSHS, FASGE
• Brian C. Jacobson, MD, MPH, FASGE
• Bret T. Petersen, MD, FASGE
• Douglas K. Rex, MS, FASGE
• Sarah A. Rodriguez, MD
• William M. Tierney, MD, FASGE
Robert A. Ganz, MD, FASGE, will serve as the ASGE foundation chair.
Siddharth Sura, MD, MPH, joined Gastroenterology Associates in Hickory, N.C.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Value-Based Payments: 6 Important Dates for Gastroenterologists to Know
The Good, the Bad & the Ugly: The Economics of GI
4 Recent GI-Driven ASC Openings & Expansions
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CDC pleads Congress to approve Zika funding quickly — 6 observations
- Will the bronze plan disappear soon? 4 takeaways
- WHO reports nearly 600 healthcare attacks in 19 countries — 6 things to know
- Is the VA lacking resources or funding less critical areas? 6 insights
- Dr. Kenneth Chang performs 1st TIF procedure using new EsophyX Z device: 6 things to know