11 Statistics on Liver Disease & Pancreatitis in the U.S.
Digestive Disease Statistics for the United States report.
• Prevalence: 3 million people (2011)
• Ambulatory care visits: 635,000 (2009)
• Liver transplants: 6,342 (2011)
• Hospitalizations: 1.2 million (2010)
• Prescriptions: 731,000 (2004)
• Mortality: 42,923 deaths (2010)
• Prevalence: 1.1 million people (1998)
• Ambulatory care visits: 881,000 (2009)
• Hospitalizations: 553,000 (2010)
• Prescriptions: 766,000 (2004)
• Mortality: 3,413 deaths (2010)
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Barrett's Esophagus: Radiofrequency Ablation vs. Endoscopic Surveillance
18 Statistics on Gastroenterologist Compensation in 2012 vs. 2011
The Most Exciting Advances in the GI Field: 9 Gastroenterologists Weigh In
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ASGE wins ASAE Award for ambassador programRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why