11 Statistics on Liver Disease & Pancreatitis in the U.S.
Digestive Disease Statistics for the United States report.
• Prevalence: 3 million people (2011)
• Ambulatory care visits: 635,000 (2009)
• Liver transplants: 6,342 (2011)
• Hospitalizations: 1.2 million (2010)
• Prescriptions: 731,000 (2004)
• Mortality: 42,923 deaths (2010)
• Prevalence: 1.1 million people (1998)
• Ambulatory care visits: 881,000 (2009)
• Hospitalizations: 553,000 (2010)
• Prescriptions: 766,000 (2004)
• Mortality: 3,413 deaths (2010)
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Barrett's Esophagus: Radiofrequency Ablation vs. Endoscopic Surveillance
18 Statistics on Gastroenterologist Compensation in 2012 vs. 2011
The Most Exciting Advances in the GI Field: 9 Gastroenterologists Weigh In
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Senate Finance Committee Calls for Explanation of Cost of HCV Drug Sovaldi: 5 PointsRead Now
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis