11 Statistics on Endoscopy Procedures & Diagnoses in the U.S.
Colonoscopy was the most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 53 percent
• CORI: 58 percent
EGD was the second most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 37 percent
• CORI: 32 percent
Flexible sigmoidoscopy was the third most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 10 percent
• CORI: 10 percent
Most common lower GI diagnosis
• Colorectal polyp
Most common upper GI diagnoses
• GI bleeding
• Gastric ulcer
• Duodenal ulcer
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
AGA Names 2014 Recognition Award Winners
Olympus Launches New System for Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
How Can Gastroenterologists Keep Up With Quality Reporting Requirements?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Will the GOP approve Zika funding before recess? 4 takeaways
- Boston small business employees to witness insurance rate hikes: 5 insights
- Virtual healthcare market set to grow at CAGR of 49.8% to 2022: 4 points
- EndoChoice releases RescueNet retrieval device: 4 points
- 33 winners of AGA Research Foundation's 2016 awards