11 Statistics on Endoscopy Procedures & Diagnoses in the U.S.
Patterns of Endoscopy in the United States report.
Colonoscopy was the most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 53 percent
• CORI: 58 percent
EGD was the second most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 37 percent
• CORI: 32 percent
Flexible sigmoidoscopy was the third most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 10 percent
• CORI: 10 percent
Most common lower GI diagnosis
• Colorectal polyp
Most common upper GI diagnoses
• GI bleeding
• Gastric ulcer
• Duodenal ulcer
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
AGA Names 2014 Recognition Award Winners
Olympus Launches New System for Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
How Can Gastroenterologists Keep Up With Quality Reporting Requirements?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ASGE wins ASAE Award for ambassador programRead Now
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why
- Physicians at the helm: creating a culture of gastroenterologist leadership in ASCs & endoscopy centers