11 Statistics on Endoscopy Procedures & Diagnoses in the U.S.
Colonoscopy was the most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 53 percent
• CORI: 58 percent
EGD was the second most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 37 percent
• CORI: 32 percent
Flexible sigmoidoscopy was the third most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 10 percent
• CORI: 10 percent
Most common lower GI diagnosis
• Colorectal polyp
Most common upper GI diagnoses
• GI bleeding
• Gastric ulcer
• Duodenal ulcer
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
AGA Names 2014 Recognition Award Winners
Olympus Launches New System for Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
How Can Gastroenterologists Keep Up With Quality Reporting Requirements?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AGA releases summer issue of 'The New Gastroenterologist': 3 notes
- 5 GI physicians in the news — August 26, 2016
- Who is Donald Trump's gastroenterologist, Dr. Harold Bornstein?: 5 things to know
- Takeda announces Access to Medicines strategy: 5 notes
- Prior to anesthesia, patients should receive comprehensive assessments: 5 notes