11 Statistics on Endoscopy Procedures & Diagnoses in the U.S.
Patterns of Endoscopy in the United States report.
Colonoscopy was the most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 53 percent
• CORI: 58 percent
EGD was the second most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 37 percent
• CORI: 32 percent
Flexible sigmoidoscopy was the third most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 10 percent
• CORI: 10 percent
Most common lower GI diagnosis
• Colorectal polyp
Most common upper GI diagnoses
• GI bleeding
• Gastric ulcer
• Duodenal ulcer
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
AGA Names 2014 Recognition Award Winners
Olympus Launches New System for Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
How Can Gastroenterologists Keep Up With Quality Reporting Requirements?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
EndoChoice considers $100M+ IPORead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting