11 Statistics on Endoscopy Procedures & Diagnoses in the U.S.
Patterns of Endoscopy in the United States report.
Colonoscopy was the most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 53 percent
• CORI: 58 percent
EGD was the second most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 37 percent
• CORI: 32 percent
Flexible sigmoidoscopy was the third most common endoscopic procedure performed.
• CMS: 10 percent
• CORI: 10 percent
Most common lower GI diagnosis
• Colorectal polyp
Most common upper GI diagnoses
• GI bleeding
• Gastric ulcer
• Duodenal ulcer
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
AGA Names 2014 Recognition Award Winners
Olympus Launches New System for Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy
How Can Gastroenterologists Keep Up With Quality Reporting Requirements?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's GI & Endoscopy
4 things to know about scope care company RuhofRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. M. Bishr Omary of University of Michigan
- GERD experts discuss Stretta at Digestive Disease Week — 3 highlights
- 5 worst states in which to practice
- Dr. Murray Kalish receives Physician Advocacy award — 3 quick notes
- HCA defeats opponents: 5 things to know about TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center's $17M surgery center project