11 gastroenterologists making the news
Six American Gastroenterologist Association physician leaders traveled to Washington, D.C., for the Alliance of Specialty Medicine's annual legislative fly-in. Participating AGA members included:
• J. Sumner Bell, MD
• Joel V. Brill, MD
• Carla Ginsburg, MD
• Peter Margolis, MD
• Rajeev Jain, MD
• Ronald Fogel, MD
Todd Baron, MD, joined the University of North Carolina division of gastroenterology and hepatology as director of advanced therapeutic endoscopy.
Carlo Di Lorenzo, MD, head of Nationwide Children's Hospital's Motility Center and division chief of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition, will serve as medical director of the hospital's newly established Center for Colorectal and Pelvic Reconstruction.
Fausta Ditah, MD, joined the Jackson (Tenn.) Clinic gastroenterology department.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine will grant Jeffery I. Gordon, MD, its 2014 Dickson Prize in Medicine for his research on how GI microbes affect human physiology, metabolism and nutritional status.
Milton Ochieng', MD, joined BJC Medical Group's Progressive GI & Hepatology Specialists in St. Louis.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
2 Gastroenterologists on the Question of Price Transparency
4 Statistics on GI Case Volume by ASC OR
10 Gastroenterology & Endoscopy Companies for ASC Leaders to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology
- Manhattan Spine & Pain now AAAHC accredited: 3 key notes
- United to Protect Democracy calls for investigation into White House's role in blocked Anthem, Cigna merger: 4 key notes
- Demand for HAI prevention, control measures spurring hand hygiene market growth: 4 things to know