10 Statistics on Gastroenterologist Compensation
- Median salary: $432,616 (0.58 percent decrease from 2012)
- Median gross charges: $1,925,073
- Mean salary for men: $349,000
- Mean salary for women: $308,000
- Highest-paying region: Northwest ($498,000)
- Lowest-paying region: Mid-Atlantic ($311,000)
- Hospital-employed salary: $264,000
- Multispecialty group practice salary: $421,000
- Highest offered base salary (not including bonuses): $600,000
- Lowest offered base salary (not including bonuses): $291,000
Median salary, median work RVUs and median gross charges are from the American Medical Group Association's 2013 Medical Group Compensation and Financial Survey, a 2013 report based on 2012 data.
Mean salary for men, mean salary for women, highest-paying region, lowest-paying region, hospital-employed salary and multispecialty group practice salary are from Medscape's 2013 Physician Compensation Report.
Highest offered base salary and lowest offered base salary are from Merritt Hawkins' 2013 Review of Physician Recruiting Incentives.
Read the full report: "200 Statistics on Physician Compensation" on Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Gastroenterology:
Looking Beyond the Scope: Integrated Care & Women's Health in Gastroenterology
6 Statistics on Colorectal Cancer Diagnosis & Mortality
2014 Outlook: 7 Issues for Gastroenterologists to Focus on This Year
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.