First-Level Medicare Appeals Up 33% From 2008 to 2012
Contractors processed 2.9 million redeterminations involving 3.7 million claims for Medicare Parts A and B in 2012, a 33 percent increase compared with 2008, according to a report from the HHS Office of Inspector General.
The study was the OIG's first examination of Medicare Part A and B redeterminations — the first level of the appeals process for Medicare claims.
Read the full Becker's Hospital Review report here.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 6 Recent Key Notes on ASC Management & Development Companies – Northstar Healthcare, Physicians Endoscopy, USPI & More
- SGR Repeal to Cost $153.2B: CBO
- 5 Ways Professional Connections on Social Media Can Help Physicians
- 10 Do's & Don'ts of EHR Implementation
- Sports Medicine ASCs: 7 Orthopedic Surgeons on Future Challenges & Opportunities