December 20, 2012
1. 8 Hospitals With Credit Downgrades, 2 Upgrades in Past Month.
2. Baylor Health, Scott & White to Merge and 12 Other Recent Hospital Acquisitions.
3. 4 Drivers of Healthcare Capital Financing - And How They Affect CFOs.
4. How can healthcare organizations use data mining to inform decision-making around strategies for improving population health? To access a free whitepaper on big data,
5. Recent CFO Moves:
Sentara Names Mike Burris CFO of Blue Ridge Region.
North Florida Regional Medical Center Appoints
Jay St. Pierre CFO.
Mitchell Frank Becomes CFO of Heritage Medical
Center in Tennessee.
Windber Medical Center in Pennsylvania Names
Richard Sukenik CFO.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences CFO
Melony Goodhand Resigns.
Mount Caramel Health System in Ohio Names
Keith Coleman CFO.
6. Cogdell Memorial Hospital CFO John Everett: 2 Solutions to Common ED Problems.
7. Sen. Bob Corker Calls for Nationwide End of Provider Fee "Gimmick."
8. Input From Readers! What New Year's resolutions do you have planned for yourself as well as for your hospital or health system? Email Bob Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts!
9. How Likely Are Physician Offices to Accept Medicare and Medicaid?
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
James Connelly of Henry Ford Health System
Alan Lovelace of Stillwater (Okla.) Medical Center.
Kevin Brennan of Geisinger Health System
in Danville, Pa.
Don Pounds of Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp.
in Memphis, Tenn.
Clint Adams of Ardent Health Services
in Nashville, Tenn.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AMN Healthcare, Rehab Documentation and GHX.