December 13, 2012
1. 8 Areas of "Hidden" National Health Expenses.
2. Partial Medicaid Expansions Will Not Receive 100% Federal Funding.
3. 8 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions.
4. Upcoming Webinar. The Road to Population Health: Key Enablers in Implementing Value-Based Approaches (Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, noon - 1 p.m. CST). To register for this free webinar,
5. Bain Capital, KKR to Sell 32M Shares of HCA Stock.
6. 4 Observations on Healthcare Reform and Access to Capital.
7. National Health Spending Growth Stays Below 4% for 6th Straight Month.
8. Input From Readers! In what areas does a hospital or health system traditionally waste money? What are ways hospitals can be innovative and effective spenders? Email Bob Herman at email@example.com with your thoughts!
9. 30 Compensation Benchmarks for Physician Payroll.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Kevin Walstrom of PeaceHealth in Bellingham, Wash.
Tom Fischer of Community Health Network in Indianapolis.
Paul McDowell of King's Daughters Medical Center in Ashland, Ky.
Cory Reeves of Gordon Hospital in Calhoun, Ga.
Terri Newsom of Greenville (S.C.) Hospital System.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AMN Healthcare, MedeAnalytics, VMG Health and Surgical Directions.