December 6, 2012
1. Moody's: 100 Statistics on Children's Hospital Medians.
2. HMA Stock Plummets 6% in Wake of "60 Minutes" Story.
3. Medicare RACs Recoup $2.3B in 2012, Smashing Collections Record.
4. Upcoming Webinar. The Road to Population Health: Key Enablers in Implementing Value-Based Approaches (Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, noon - 1 p.m. CST). To register for this free webinar,
5. 15 Recent Hospital and Health System Layoffs.
6. How Aspen Valley Hospital Increased Days Cash on Hand More Than 100-Fold.
7. S&P Downgrades West Penn Credit Rating Again.
8. Recent CFO Moves:
Presence Health CFO John Orsini Resigns, Expected to Join Competitor.
North Fulton Hospital in Georgia Names Sherry Henderson CFO.
9. Interfaith Medical Center in New York to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Katherine Arbuckle of Ascension Health in St. Louis.
Anne Krebs of Butler (Pa.) Health System.
Melvin Alexander of KentuckyOne Health in Louisville.
Dan Moncher of Firelands Regional Medical Center in Sandusky, Ohio.
Steven Smith of Kansas Heart Hospital in Wichita.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: MD Buyline, Besler Consulting, VMG Health and Real Asset Management.