November 8, 2012
1. 3 Reasons Why Layoffs Don't Benefit Hospitals in the Long Run.
2. Increased Outpatient Volume Drives Tenet's Big 3Q Profit Growth.
3. Barack Obama Stays in the Oval Office, Affordable Care Act Stays the Course.
4. Hospital and Health System CFOs: What topics interest you most right now? What issues are of biggest concern? What does the media usually fail to report? Feel free to email Bob Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments, dialogue and suggestions.
5. Recent CFO Moves:
Alabama's Cooper Green Mercy Hospital CFO John Garrett to Resign.
Southcoast Health System in Massachusetts Names Gary Conner CFO.
Tennessee's Cookeville Regional Medical Center CFO is Named Interim CEO.
Lewis County General Hospital in New York Appoints Richard Borschuk Interim CFO.
6. Going Green, Saving Greenbacks: 4 Areas of Sustainability and Cost Savings.
7. AHA Sues HHS Over Medicare RAC Payment Denials.
8. Upcoming Webinar: Key Considerations for Hospitals as They Make the Transition to Population Health (Wednesday, Nov. 14,
noon - 1 p.m. CST). To register for this complimentary webinar,
9. 5 Largest Commercial Health Insurers Tally $3.64B in 3Q Profit.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Dominic Nakis of Advocate Health Care in Oak Brook, Ill.
Susan Green of Lowell (Mass.) General Hospital.
John Geppi of Covenant Health in Knoxville, Tenn.
Lisa Zinkula of Grundy County Memorial Hospital in Grundy Center, Iowa.
David Miller of Dayton (Ohio) Children's.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AOC Solutions, AMN Healthcare, BillingTree and VMG Health.