November 5, 2012
1. Medicare Approves Slight Raises in HOPD, ASC Rates for 2013.
2. HCA's 3Q Profit Hits $360M ; Capella Loses $5.5M
3. Defining the Episode of Care: Average Bundled Payments for 16 MS-DRGs.
4. Upcoming Webinar: Key Considerations in Making the Transition to Population Health (Wednesday, Nov. 14,
noon - 1 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
5. Henry Ford, Beaumont Announce Mega-Merger ; Financial Clout Ahead for New System.
6. CMS to Cut Physicians' Medicare Payments 26.5% in 2013 Unless SGR Bypassed.
7. What the U.S. Can Learn From Canada to Salvage Medicare.
8. Call for Hospital/Health System CFOs: Are you interested in speaking at Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting on May 9-11, 2013, in Chicago on financial issues or ACOs? If so, please email Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Herman at email@example.com.
9. 13 Recent Medicare, Medicaid Issues.
10. For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of Oct. 29-Nov. 2.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Rehab Documentation, AchieveIt and BillingTree.