November 1, 2012
1. Straight Talk on Medicare: A Go-To Guide for Hospital Executives.
2. 3Q Profit Sags at LifePoint , CHS , Universal Health Services ; 1Q Profit Up at Vanguard
3. 4 Ways to Improve the Patient Payment Process.
4. Upcoming Webinar. The Road to Population Health: Key Considerations in Making the Transition (Wednesday, Nov. 14, noon - 1 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
5. Capella-Saint Thomas Health System Names Judith Peek-Lee Market CFO.
6. 8 Low-Cost Ways to Prepare for ICD-10 Implementation.
7. Moody's: Trinity, Catholic Health East "Mega-Merger" Positive for Non-Profit Sector.
8. How Much Did SunLink Health Systems CFO Mark Stockslager Make in 2012?
9. A Call for Hospital CFOs! We are seeking hospital and health system CFO speakers with expertise in tracking financial metrics and ACOs for the Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting on May 9-11, 2013, in Chicago. If you have an interest in speaking, please email Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Herman at email@example.com.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Maryann Kepple of Health Quest System in LaGrangeville, N.Y.
Todd LaPorte of Scottsdale (Ariz.) Healthcare.
Kimberly Osbourne of Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
Bill Overbey of Hays (Kan.) Medical Center.
Frederick Savelsbergh of Baylor Health Care System in Dallas.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: MD Buyline, AOC Solutions, BillingTree and VMG Health.