October 18, 2012
1. 9 Hospitals With Credit Downgrades, 6 Upgrades in Past Month.
2. HCA Anticipates 3Q Profit of $360M, Special Cash Dividend.
3. Sifting Through the Data: 5 Things to Decipher From S&P's 2011 Hospital Medians.
4. Upcoming Webinar: Ownership Considerations for Health Systems Developing or Buying Ambulatory Surgery Centers (Tuesday, Oct. 30, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
5. PwC Report: 5 Trends on Hospital Sector Labor.
6. Pleasant Valley Hospital in West Virginia Names Richard Hogan CFO.
7. 3 Costly Physician Recruitment Mistakes.
8. How Can Hospital Operations Implement Lean?
9. Looking for Great Healthcare CFOs! We are seeking hospital and health system CFO speakers with ACO and financial reform expertise for the Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting on May 9-11, 2013, in Chicago. If you have an interest in speaking, please email Scott Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Herman at email@example.com.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Lisa Carlson of Sanford Health in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Krystal Claymore of Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte, Neb.
Terry Kiser of Georgetown (S.C.) Hospital System.
Donna Kopinski of Crittenton Hospital Medical Center in Rochester, Mich.
Terry Deak of Colusa (Calif.) Regional Medical Center.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: MD Buyline, AMN Healthcare, Besler Consulting and VMG Health.