October 11, 2012
1. 5 Current Pressures That Scare Independent Hospital CFOs the Most.
2. Medicare RACs Recoup Record-High $657M in Third Quarter.
3. St. Joseph Health CFO Darrin Montalvo: The Benefits of Strategic Affiliations.
4. Upcoming Webinars:
Cost? Growth? Quality? Patient Safety? In 18 Months, Radiology Could Be Your Most Important Service Line (Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
Ownership Considerations for Health Systems Developing or Buying Ambulatory Surgery Centers (Tuesday, Oct. 30, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
5. Steward Health Care Names Stephen Farber CFO.
6. 6 Ways Hospitals Can Analyze Technology's Return on Investment.
7. Dignity Health Profits Crash 86% in FY 2012.
8. MedPAC's October Meeting: 4 Things to Know.
9. We are seeking hospital and health system CFO speakers for the Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting on May 9-11, 2013, in Chicago. Panel topics include analyzing the financial impact of ICD-10 and creating an ACO. If you have an interest in speaking, please email Scott Becker at email@example.com or Bob Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Camille Bash of Doctors Community Hospital in Lanham, Md.
Penny Johnson of Huguley Memorial Medical Center in Burleson, Texas.
Daniel Cancelmi of Tenet Healthcare in Dallas.
James Gravell of Catholic Health Partners in Cincinnati.
Pat Gerveler of Blessing Health System in Quincy, Ill.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: MD Buyline, AMN Healthcare, Rehab Documentation and VMG Health.