September 27, 2012
1. Pension Management Predicaments? 3 Dominant Hospital Pension Strategies.
2. Healthcare Spending Among Insured Climbed 4.6% in 2011.
3. ICD-10 is Coming: 10 Steps for Full Implementation.
4. Now Accepting Speaker Proposals. We are seeking speakers for the Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting on May 9-11, 2013, in Chicago. This meeting will feature sessions providing practical guidance on these core areas: ACOs, Physician-Hospital Alignment, Strategy Issues, Financial Issues, Clinical Quality Issues and Key Specialty Issues. If you have an interest in speaking, please email Scott Becker at email@example.com.
5. 13 Drivers That Are Increasing U.S. Healthcare Spending.
6. Drilling Down Into Latest RACTrac Survey Results: 7 Findings.
7. For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of Sept. 17-21.
8. Mark Johnson Named CFO of Steward's Norwood Hospital in Massachusetts.
9. Leadership Awards. Becker's Hospital Review is also seeking nominations for this year's Becker's Hospital Review Leadership Awards. Nominees should be people who have shown unusual leadership in healthcare. The leadership awards will be presented at the speakers dinner at the 2013 Annual Meeting. Please send nominations to Lauren Groeper at firstname.lastname@example.org or Scott Becker at email@example.com.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Jeffrey Sherman of LifePoint Hospitals in Brentwood, Tenn.
Jeff Baiocco of Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls.
Kimberly Boynton of Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, N.Y.
Vanessa Kochevar of Deaconess Hospital in Oklahoma City.
Laurie Eldridge of Marshall Medical Center in Placerville, Calif.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Rehab Documentation, Cogent HMG, ASCOA and VMG Health.