August 29, 2012
1. 118 Statistics on Non-Profit Hospital Medians: FY 2011 vs. FY 2010.
2. Moody's Lisa Goldstein: 5 Financial Trends at Non-Profit Hospitals.
3. 9 Major For-Profit Hospital Operators Release Quarterly Earnings.
4. Upcoming Webinars:
Hospital Joint Venture ASCs: Why Less is More (Wednesday, Sept. 12, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
70% of Strategic Initiatives at Hospitals Fail - How to Make Yours Succeed (Wednesday, Sept. 19, noon - 1 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
5. HHS Finalizes One-Year Delay of ICD-10 to 2014.
6. Hospital RAC Activity Up More Than 20% From 1Q to 2Q.
7. HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley Names Anthony Esposito CFO.
8. 13 Questions Hospitals Should Ask About ICD-10 and Medical Necessity.
9. Upcoming Conference! As margins have become tighter for ASCs, more ASCs have turned to anesthesia as a means of improving margins and securing great coverage. Given the OIG advisory opinion on the subject, we've added a roundtable discussion to be held at the Becker's 19th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference that will discuss the OIG opinion and the risks related to various anesthesia models. This session will be led by Scott Becker. Early registration discounts end this Friday. To learn more or! To learn more or register,
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Diane Corrigan of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
Richard Braun of Upper Allegheny Health System in Olean, N.Y.
David Scarpino of HealthAllinace of the Hudson Valley in Kingston, N.Y.
Gary Foster of Saratoga Hospital in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Ken Fisher of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA and VMG Health.