August 24, 2011
1. ICD-10: Bracing for the Storm and the Coding Update Freeze.
2. Medicare Revenues Rising at Slowest Rate Since 2005.
3. Survey: Roughly 7 out of 10 Hospitals Collect Less Than 30% of Payments at Point of Service.
4. Only 200 Spots Remain - Early Registration Ends Sept. 1. Register Today for the 18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues featuring keynote speakers Sam Donaldson, Adrian Gostick and Bill Walton (October 27-29; Chicago). To register or learn more,
5. Physician Coding: 5 Ways Outsourcing Specialty Skills Can Add Value to the Bottom Line.
6. Medicaid RACs Anticipate Revenue Boom for Rest of 2011, 2012.
7. California Hospital Offers 25% Discount to Patients Who Pay Bills Quickly.
8. Florida Fines Humana $3.3M For Failing to Promptly Disclose Medicaid Fraud.
9. Will ICD-10 Kill the Superbill?
10. Moody's: 20% of Non-Profit Hospitals in the Red.
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Orthopedic Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AHIMA, NCO Group, athenahealth and VMG Health