August 22, 2012
1. 2 Hospital Credit Downgrades, 11 Upgrades in Past Month.
2. 12 Statistics on Average Hospital All-Payor Margins, 1999-2010.
3. 7 Areas That Will Influence the Finances of Safety-Net Hospitals.
4. Upcoming Webinars:
Hospital Joint Venture ASCs: Why Less is More (Wednesday, Sept. 12, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
70% of Strategic Initiatives at Hospitals Fail - How to Make Yours Succeed (Wednesday, Sept. 19, noon - 1 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
5. Moody's: Non-Profit Hospital Outlook Negative for Remainder of 2012.
6. 5 Ways to Compensate Physicians in ACOs.
7. Recent CFO Moves:
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Names Brian Reilly CFO.
Bartlett Regional Hospital in Alaska Taps Ken Brough CFO.
8. Hospital Execs Rank WellPoint as Worst Payor.
9. 19th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference. How Do ASC's Fit Your Health System's Strategy? Can ASCs Be Profitable? Hear the answers to these questions and more at our event -- Oct. 25-27 in Chicago. Early registration ends Sept. 1! To learn more or register,
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Jeff Bolton of Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
Mike German of Lee Memorial Health System in Fort Myers, Fla.
Gordon Edwards of Gundersen Lutheran Health System in La Crosse, Wis.
Paul Belter of Alexian Brothers Health System in Arlington Heights, Ill.
Cindy Buck of Rutherford Regional Health System in Rutherfordton, N.C.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA and Cogent HMG.