August 8, 2012
1. 8 Tips to Improve Your Hospital's Operating Margin.
2. HCA's 2Q Profit Swells 71% While Tenet Posts $2M Loss.
3. CMS' FY 2013 IPPS Final Rule: 9 Observations.
4. Upcoming Webinar: 7 Strategies to Compete Using Analytics (Wednesday, Aug. 29, 1:15 - 2:15 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
5. 3 Mistakes Hospitals Make With Their Real Estate Management.
6. SEC Report Urges More Transparency in Municipal Bond Market.
7. Recent CFO Moves:
Wellmont Health System in Tennessee Names Alice Pope CFO.
Marc Nakagawa Named CFO of Transylvania Regional Hospital in North Carolina.
Morton Hospital in Massachusetts Names Carmen Acker CFO.
Bob Ellis Becomes CFO of Rutherford Regional Health System in North Carolina.
8. ICD-10 or ICD-11? The Dilemma Behind Both Coding Systems.
9. 5 Largest Commercial Payors Post $3.17B Profit in 2Q.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Sandy Badinger of Slidell (La.) Memorial Hospital.
Kelly Curry of Health Management Associates in Naples, Fla.
Chris Ellington of UNC Health Care in Chapel Hill, N.C.
Mike Bunch of KershawHealth in Camden, S.C.
Michael King of El Camino Hospital in Mountain View, Calif.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA and VMG Health.