July 25, 2012
1. 25 Top Grossing For-Profit Hospitals.
2. Moody's: Hospital Downgrades Surpass Upgrades in 2Q of 2012.
3. Healthcare Reform's Cost Precipice: How Do Hospitals Fit Within the PPACA.
4. Upcoming Webinars:
The Secrets to Creating a Culture of Accountability and Execution (Thursday, Aug. 2, 1:15 - 2:15 p.m. CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
Cost Cutter or Value Killer? Finding the Right Answers When Looking For Equipment Service Cost-Savings (Wednesday, Aug. 8, 11 a.m. - noon CDT). To register for this complimentary webinar,
5. Recent CFO Moves:
Heath King Becomes CFO of Lee's Summit Medical Center in Missouri.
Cone Health CFO Ken Boggs to Retire.
Slidell Memorial Hospital in Louisiana Names Sandra Badinger CFO.
6. Health Management Associates' 2Q Net Income Falls 24% From Higher Expenses.
7. Fees, Valuation and Performance: Understanding Exchange-Traded Funds.
8. 61% of Payors "Definitely" Expect to Meet ICD-10 Compliance.
9. Holding Children Harmless: How Current Medicaid Policy is Impacting Children's Hospitals.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Mike Tretina of Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames, Iowa.
Peg Burnette of Denver Health.
John Zell of OSF St. Joseph Medical Center in Bloomington, Ill.
Gary Weiss of NorthShore University HealthSystem in Evanston, Ill.
Terry Shaw of Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Lancaster Pollard, ASCOA and Cogent HMG.