March 21, 2012
1. 7 Hospitals Receive Credit Downgrades in Past Month.
2. 18 Essential Non-Profit Hospital Accountability Metrics.
3. 4 Key Trends in Healthcare Financing for 2012.
4. Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting (May 17, 18; Chicago) - only 100 attendee spots remain; exhibit space sold out but sponsorships remain! Early registration discounts end 4/1. Come hear Bob Woodward, Mike Ditka and hospital CEO panels moderated by Chuck Lauer and Suzy Welch. Click here to register. For more information about a sponsorship, please contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Recent CFO Moves:
El Camino Hospital in California Appoints Michael King CFO.
CFO Joe Vessey to Leave Whidbey General in Washington.
6. MedPAC: Hospital Payments Should Increase by 1%.
7. Moody's Uses New Scorecard for Non-Profit Hospital Credit Ratings.
8. Upcoming Webinars:
What's Your Specialty? Hospital Service Line Strategies for Remaining Competitive in the Changing Healthcare Environment (March 28, 12:00 - 1:00 PM CST). To register for the complimentary webinar, .
Gain and Sustain High Performance Through Employee Engagement (April 19, 1:15 - 2:15 CST). To register for the complimentary webinar, .
9. CMS Will Not Enforce Version 5010 Through June.
10. S&P: Hospital Index Increases 5%.
11. Other Upcoming Becker's Healthcare Events, Call for Speakers:
Speakers sought for a Friday session at the Annual Becker's ASC Conference on Improving Profitability Business and Legal Issues (Oct. 18). We are seeking a panelist or speaker for the session "Double Digit Profit Growth - How to Increase Profits in Challenging Times?" We are also seeking great speakers on orthopedics in ASCs, on adding cases and on benchmarking quality and benchmarking the financial solvency of an ASC. To recommend a speaker, contact Cathy Brett at email@example.com.
Becker's Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference (June 14-16) - Exhibit space is nearly sold out! The June conference includes Lou Holtz, Sam Donaldson and Tucker Carlson as keynote speakers, together with the best business minds in the ASC industry. The conference has a heavy focus on spine, pain and orthopedics. Click here to register. For more information about a sponsorship or exhibiting, please contact Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. UC Davis Medical Center CEO Ann Madden Rice: How Being a CFO Shaped Her Career.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Select International, Jarrard and VMG Health.