February 1, 2013
1. Providers Becoming Payors: Should Hospitals Start Their Own Health Plans?
2. 2Q Profit at Vanguard Health Systems Falls 22%.
3. The Dangers of "Too Big to Fail" Hospital Systems.
4. Upcoming Webinar: Outlook 2013 - Key Trends, Opportunities and Threats (Wednesday, Feb. 20, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. CST). To register for this free webinar,
5. 17 Recent Issues Between Hospitals and Payors.
6. Recent CFO Moves:
Parkridge Health System in Tennessee Names Thomas Jackson CFO.
Nathan Littauer Hospital in NY Brings on Michael Ostrander as CFO.
Daniel Goggin Becomes CFO of St. Joseph Health System
7. Click here to nominate a hospital, health system, physician practice or surgery center for 100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare - 2013! Nominations close Feb. 15.
8. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Nathan VanLaningham of St. Elizabeth Healthcare in Edgewood, Ky.
William Robinson of UF&Shands in Gainesville, Fla.
Derrick Hollings of Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems in Bangor.
Jay Sial of Loyola University Health System in Maywood, Ill.
Carrie Teaford of Baptist Hospital in Nashville, Tenn.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Xtend Healthcare, ASCOA and VMG Health.