January 3, 2013
1. Congress Passes Fiscal Cliff, SGR Deal at Hospitals'
2. For-Profit Hospital Stocks in 2012: The Year in Review.
3. The Year Ahead: 10 Challenges That Will Shape
4. Key Community Hospital Partnership Considerations - Taking Your Board Through a Process With a Practical Approach (Wednesday, Jan. 30, noon - 1 p.m. CST). To register for this free webinar,
5. California Increases Hospital Finance Transparency.
6. Could Hospitals in States With No Medicaid Expansion Face a Financial Crisis?
7. Mayo Clinic, Florida Blue Cross Form Bundled Payments for Knee Replacements.
8. Input From Readers! What are the pros and cons of hospitals and health systems starting their own health plans? Email Bob Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts!
9. HealthPartners, Park Nicollet Complete Merger.
10. 5 CFOs of the Week:
Karen Shepard of St. Charles Health System in Bend, Ore.
Alan Lovelace of Stillwater (Okla.) Medical Center.
Nesha Donaldson of Cullman (Ala.) Regional Medical Center.
James Connelly of Henry Ford Health System in Detroit.
Denis Ryan of Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters in Norfolk, Va.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Xtend Healthcare, VMG Health and Surgical Directions.