|News & Analysis|
October 16, 2012
1. 6 Key Infection Control Best Practices for Inpatient and Outpatient Settings.
2. What Will the Election Mean for Healthcare and ASCs? What should ASCs do to succeed over the next four years? - Hear former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer debate Dr. Howard Dean; Listen to dozens of CEOs and operators provide advice on how to excel in a challenging market - 20 spots remain for the 19th Annual ASC Conference (Oct. 25-27, Chicago).
To learn more about this and other can't-miss sessions on patient safety, quality and infection control at the 19th Annual ASC Conference, .3. Achieving 95% Hand Hygiene Compliance: 5 Points From Dr. Al Connors, CMO of MetroHealth.
4. Federal Non-Payment Policy Not Responsible for Decrease in Infections, Study Suggests.
5. White paper and upcoming webinar:
Comparison of MetriCide® OPA Plus Solution and Cidex® OPA Solution Use Properties - With MetriCide OPA Plus, a high-level disinfection solution, you can realize a cost savings, achieve more cycles and equipment treatments over a 14-day period. To read this white paper, .
Cost? Growth? Quality? Patient Safety? In 18 Months, Radiology Could Be Your Most Important Service Line (Tues., Oct. 23, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM CT). To learn more or register, .
6. 5 Points on Preventing Injection Errors in the Surgical Setting.
7. Hospital Readmissions Calculations May Be Misleading. 8. CDC Updates Meningitis Death Toll to 15.
9. ASHP Offers Guidelines on Pharmacy Compounding in Wake of Contaminated Steroid Injections. 10. Legal Action Against Exeter Hospital in Hepatitis C Case Delayed Until Next Year. 11. Beth Israel Deaconess Quality Report Reveals Progress in Eliminating Patient Harm.
12. Challenges for ASCs With Tracking & Reporting Key Quality Indicators.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: X-Static, Vanish Point, Zawna Health and Healthmark.