|News & Analysis|
September 27, 2012
1. 30 Strategies to Establish a Smoke-Free Campus.
2. What Will the Election Mean for Healthcare and ASCs? What should ASCs do to succeed over the next four years? - Hear former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer debate Dr. Howard Dean; Listen to dozens of CEOs and operators provide advice on how to excel in a challenging market - 20 spots remain for the 19th Annual ASC Conference (Oct. 25-27, Chicago).
To learn more about this and other can't-miss sessions on patient safety, quality and infection control at the 19th Annual ASC Conference, .3. Report: Poor Communication, Inadequate Hospital Policies Led to Botched Kidney Transplant at UTMC.
4. Upcoming webinar:
Data-Driven Supply Chain Decision Making (Tues., Oct. 2, 1:15 PM-2:15 PM CT). To learn more or register, .
5. FDA Task Force to Support Antibiotic Development. 6. Patient Safety Tool: 30-Day Readmission Chart Review Form.
7. Study: Only 5% of Patients Ask Physicians, Staff If They've Washed Their Hands. 8. Physicians Don't Trust Studies Funded by Pharmaceutical Companies. 9. CMS to Replay Failed Call on Readmissions Measure.
10. Managing Population Health: Where Should Hospitals Begin?
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: APIC, VanishPoint and TYRX.