|News & Analysis|
September 18, 2012
1. AAAHC Opens Public Comment Period for Proposed Changes to Accreditation Manual.
2. What will the election mean for healthcare and ASCs? What should ASCs do to succeed over the next four years? - Hear Ari Fleisher debate Dr Howard Dean, Listen To dozens of CEOs and hreat operators provide advice on how To excel in a challenging market - 40 spots remain for the 19th Annual ASC Conference (Oct. 25-27, Chicago).
To learn more about this and other can't-miss sessions on patient safety, quality and infection control at the 19th Annual ASC Conference, .3. Quality Reporting Start Date Approaches; ASCs Gear Up for Change.
4. Upcoming webinar: Lead the Change to Improve Patient Safety & Quality: Moving Beyond Direct Observation to Electronic Hand Hygiene Monitoring (Thurs., Sept. 27, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM CT). To learn more or register, .
5. Patient Safety Tool: Essential Elements of Safe Surgery Policy/Procedure. 6. NCQA Releases HEDIS Measures for ACOs.
7. IOM: 10 Recommendations to Create a Continuously Learning Healthcare System.
8. Risk of Medical Errors 4 Times Higher When Children Have Chronic Conditions. 9. Safe Biologics Survey Shows Physician Concern Over Biologics, Biosimilars.
10. GAO Report: 'Dirty Bomb' Threats Loom.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: TYRX, Healthmark and ICNet.