|. News & Analysis|
July 21, 2011
1. Nurses Leave Sponge in Pennsylvania Patient's Abdomen, Court Awards $525K.
2. Overcoming Infection Prevention Challenges in Ambulatory Settings: Q&A With Jan Davidson of AORN.
3. Safety Tool: Hand Hygiene Questionnaire for Staff. Note:
View our new database of 100-plus reports that provide links to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in your facility by clicking here
4. Loaner Instrumentation Patient Safety Checklist: 10 Steps to Follow.
5. Hear Presentations on "Accreditation 101: Everything You Need to Know About Accreditation" and "Governing Body Documentation, Meeting CMS and Accreditation Requirements" at the 18th Annual Ambulatory Surgery Centers Conference (Oct. 27-29, 2011; Chicago) Download the brochure by clicking here (pdf). 90 Sessions, 132 Speakers. Great Keynote Speakers Including Bill Walton, Sam Donaldson and Adrian Gostick. Learn more and register today!
6. Tennessee's Board of Nursing Under Fire in Handling of Disciplinary Cases.
7. Patient Safety Tool: ISMP's List of Error-Prone Abbreviations, Symbols and Dose Designations.
8. Joint Commission Publishes National Patient Safety Goals Fact Sheet.
9. 6 Ways an Operating Room Can Become More Environmentally Friendly.
10. American Society for Quality Launches Redesigned Website.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: APIC
, Cygnus Medical
and Sandel Medical